Thursday, May 21, 2009

Elevator Shananigans

Getting on the elevator in my building, heading up to my apartment, there was a very attractive Spanish girl and (what I assume to be) her mother. They are speaking Spanish to each other and then the girl looks at me with her beautiful eyes and says, “You look like a UFC fighter,” which my reply was “hmm, I’ve never heard that one before…” Annnd enter awkward moment. Now, let me explain; people tell me fairly often that I look like their “really good friend” or someone else they know. Or people comment on my size and how “I must’ve played football.” I feel like I must have the most familiar face possible, although I do not know anyone that I think looks like me. The girl in the elevator goes on to explain a particular UFC fighter. I just assumed that she meant in general…no, she told me I looked like Brock Lesnar. As soon as I got into my apartment I woke up my Mac and Google’d this fellow to find –what I assumed would be a big, attractive beast-of-a-man – unfortunately, what I found was ‘roid-raging, gorilla-of-a-man. . I do not think we look anything alike. ANYTHING. Maybe it’s just me, but I am slightly offended that my elevator companion compared me to this guy. The only thing worse that this is when a girl told me that when I smile really big, I look like Will Sasso from MadTV. Yea, the fat guy. Thanks a lot. So now I am trying not to look like a ‘roided out gorilla who smiles too big because I’d hate to see what that will get me. I wonder if there is a support group for something like this?

Moving on. I leave for PV tomorrow, which is really exciting. Is it just me or does everyone have a tiny little heart attack when traveling concerns a passport? I can pack my passport in a very safe spot, or slip it in my front pocket, but I will still check several times to make sure it is still safe in my belongings. I am not sure if this is an OCD thing or I am just losing it. I pulled my passport out earlier this week and sat it on my night stand, where I was sure to see it every day. There is no way I am forgetting it. I will pack tonight and put it in my bag and will end up checking to make sure its there every 20 minutes until I am in the air. Man, I cannot wait to be in Mexico.

In other news, I am getting a dog upon my return to the States. I haven’t decided on a name. just yet, but I am excited about it. It is not very common to see me get excited about added responsibility, but after thinking about it for a while, I feel like the gain of having a dog outweighs all the crap that goes along with it. I’ll try to post a picture after I pick her up.

That’s all for now.

3 comments:

Tina Tran said...

LOL! Okay honestly I've never thought that you look like anybody else so maybe that'll make you feel a tit of a tad better. I just said tit.
And as far as the passport... I'm sure you'll be doing that the whole time you're there as I do when I'm out of the country!
I love you B!

Kelly said...

Guess what? YOU look like YOU! And that's the best :)

If it makes you feel any better, someone told me I look like Elaine from Seinfeld...ick.

Your favorite, ever (sorry ladies) said...

SERIOUSLY STOKES, it's time for another post. Why must you make me beg?