Thursday, July 02, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do...

So I finally broke down this week and bought a new iPhone 3GS. With such a cheap price tag, they make it hard not to join the Apple Cult. The awkward part came when I had to call Sprint Customer Service to inform them I would be cancelling my service once my contract was up in a few days. I had to endure a 15 minute phone call “breaking up” with the Sprint Lady on the phone. I was uncomfortable as she made suggestions on how to fix our ill-fated agreement (relationship, if you will). She suggested I try out the new Palm Pre and went on to ask “what does AT&T offer that we don’t.” By the end of the conversation I felt like I just dumped a clingy ex-girlfriend after a 9 year relationship. She really laid it on thick and made me feel like such a dick. I quickly forgot all about Sprint as I synced all 365 contacts from my old Palm Treo to the sleek, new iPhone, and downloaded a crap-load of awesome applications ::::high-five:::: It’s hard to deny that Apple’s product line is simply the best around. I am certain Steve Jobs could quite possibly take over the world one day.

Moving on, I did as I said in my last post. When I got back from Puerto Vallarta, I became a proud puppy-owner. Her name is Grace. I got her at the end of May. So far, things have been going really well. She is four months old now and she is really smart. I’m scared I will become one of those dog people that spend way too much time with their animals and find someway to relate any conversation to the dog. It’s kind of sad, but I can see it happening a little. It reminds me of those overly proud parents who show pictures of their ugly newborn rug rats every chance they get. With that being said, here is a picture of my pup...
(All-together-now: AWWWWE).
She’s borderline amazing! Since I’ve had Grace, I have met a ton of people that live in my building. They all gather at the dog park around 9-10pm to let their dogs play before bedtime. I call them the dog-park-mafia. So far I have transitioned well. I will keep you updated.

I am pumped about this weekend. Phil and I are headed down to Lake Travis for the weekend. A bunch of us are staying at Jeff’s Lake House to celebrate the 4th. If it’s anything like Jeff’s Bachelor Party there last year, it should be a blast!

Until next time…

5 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

What, did you take your dog to get it's pictures made? B-if I find out those were professionally taken, I'm coming home to save you from a life headed straight for disaster.

-Love you!

Brandon said...

Haha, no I took that picture... it's on my couch. I just bumped up the exposure so it looks all cool. I'm not that ridiculous. I would never pay for professional pictures of an animal.

MisterDan said...

As a fellow dog-person, one who has spent much more time with a dog than any single human being over the past few weeks, I have to say this much: not a bad way to go. Have you ever noticed that human babies look like retarded fish for the first few months of their lives? Not dogs. No sir.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

1 <3 Brandon and Grace!!!