Monday, November 29, 2004

France & Italy!

WHAT A GREAT TRIP!

I really like to travel, but I just don’t see how people do it for years and years. Over the past 8 days I have been to two different countries, and back to Spain. My roommates and I took a train to Madrid and then flew to Paris, France for 4 nights at the beginning of our trip. I really enjoyed myself in Paris. The we continued onto Italy for 4 nights.

Some of the things that I saw in Paris include: Arc de Triomphe, Palace of Versailles,The Conciergerie, The Louvre, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Orsay Museum, Rodin Museum, The Eiffel Tower, La Place de la Concorde, and I also walked down Champs Elysees. Pompidou Center. It was a blast. One of my favorite things had to of been the Rodin Museum. I always like this work, but the pictures do it no justice. Some of his sculptures are so detailed. I must have taken so much time to complete each one. Everything else is pretty much what I expected and more!

We met some guys from Ireland and a girl from Australia. They were really cool. I was great to hang out with people from other countries and see their views on things and how they live their day-to-day lives. I met some really interesting people in France.

On the 5th day in Paris we did some laundry and last minute running around town, and then headed to Italy.

Now I must say that Italy is one of my favorite places that I have been to so far, and I was only in Rome and the Vatican City. There is still so much more that I could have seen. I really enjoyed myself there. The food, the culture, the history! Together they combine to be a great 4 night trip.

Some of the things that I saw in Italy include: The Colosseum, Vittoriano, San Pietro, The Imperial Forums, The Trevi Fountain, The Roman Forums, Piazza di Spagna, Castel Sant’ Angelo, Arco di Costantino, The Pantheon, St. James’, The Sistine Chapel, The Vatican Museum, Museo e Galleria Borghese, and The Picasso exhibit.

I couldn’t get enough. I had to see it all. No matter how exhausted I was from walking around all day and touring things... I kept telling myself "When in Rome..." haha. No really, I didn’t wanna miss anything, in both Italy and France. I wanted to consume as much as I could (in fear that I might not make it back for a long time).

Thanksgiving night we met up with some other Tech students and ate at this great little Italian place. I really enjoyed being around a lot of other people. I made it feel a little like home.

Traveling back home was a horror, but I think after a long trip like this, when you are constantly on the go, and you have more things on your list than you have time for, it is always going to be like that. It was well worth it. I would do it all over again in a heart beat. I am thankful for the opportunity.

I had to start a new photobucket.. cause the other one was FULL! haha. here is the new link... http://photobucket.com/albums/v518/brandonstokes/

OH yea, did I mention I got an "A" on my midterm in Spanish 2! Rock On!

enjoy!

No comments: