Friday, November 19, 2004

Merchant's & Mid-terms

"It’s times like these you learn to live again, it’s times like these you give and get again. It’s times like these you learn to love again. It’s times like these time and time again."

The days are quickly slipping away and before you know I will be back in the States. It is crazy to think that I have less than a month here. This past week was really rough. We had our mid-term in Spanish 2, and I am not quite sure how good I did. I have been a little sick all week. The whole cough/cold/sore throat thing has been circling the center. So I just spent last week studying and recuperating. I feel a little better now... and I will be fantastic if I pass my test... hell, even if I came close.

On Wednesday we invited a class from UPO that is learning English to a local Irish pub called Merchant Malt House. My whole class, some other friends of ours here... in different programs, and a class of Spaniards all got together. It was a lot of fun. We got to meet a lot of new people and practice our Spanish. We reserved the entire second floor of the pub and hung out.

Later in the night some of us went down stairs and ran into Sergio Garcia (he is a famous golfer from Spain...) I got to see him win the Byron Nelson Classic in Dallas this year. Sergio is in Seville because there is a big golf tournament here this weekend. We got to talk to him a little. He seems like a really nice guy. I got to talk to him for a bit and managed to get his autograph on a beer coaster.

After we left Merchant’s, we ended up at Club Catedral, and then to another bar we often go to. The night was a blast. I really hope we get to reserve that place more often. It was a great way to celebrate after that hard mid-term. The rest of the week has gone by pretty fast.
We have a break from classes. The group is traveling through Spain. I opted to travel elsewhere. My roommates and I leave in the morning. We are taking the high speed train (the Ave) to Madrid, and from there gonna catch a plane to Paris, France for 4 nights. Then we are flying to Rome, Italy for 4 nights. There are going to be a lot of people from our group in Rome when we get there. We are supposed to get together for a make shift "Thanksgiving Dinner" ... It should be a lot of fun!

Hasta Luego.

No comments: