Friday, May 13, 2005

Adios LBK!

“…all my bags are packed, I’m ready to go. I’m standing here outside your door…”

I spent all day today and last night packing up all of my stuff… getting ready to move back to Dallas for the summer. I put most of my stuff in storage (so I don’t have to move it to d-town and then back here). Levi, my friend who is subletting my apartment over the summer helped me move most of it, because I do not have a truck. My big screen was a bitch getting down the stairs, but we finally got it. It seemed so much easier whenever we were moving in.

Last night was a lot of fun. The girls had a huge all day party (The Best Day in May)… which totally rocked my socks off. I actually did not get over there until 8:45-ish, but the party was in full swing. It was really nice to have everyone around. They girls brought out 4 bottles of champagne, and we did a toast to the semester. And a toast to the girls leaving. And anything else we could think of…. Basically getting trashed! It was awesome. I think I closed down the party and left their house around 5:30am…

Nicole is transferring to OU in the fall. She leaves tomorrow to head up there and get settled in. Tim came into town to help her out. I am really going to miss her. She is a really cool girl and I always have a blast hanging out with her. I hope she comes back to visit often.

Heather is heading to Italy this summer. I am proud of her for following thru on this one. Studying abroad is so amazing. Nothing will ever compared to my…nearly 4 months in Europe. I know she is going to have a blast. So many people I know are studying abroad either this summer or in the fall. Shelly is going to London this summer. She is going to have a blast too. London is a great (and expensive) town! I loved the week I spent there.

I am about to shut down my computer and load it into my car, along with everything else I am taking home this summer. I will be working again @ Venture, and taking classes at ECC. I am excited to go home but at the same time I wish I could be here.

It’s funny how you can look at a situation and just know that everything is changing. It is weird moving out of this apartment. It has been my home for my sophomore and junior years of college. When I get back up here my lease will be up and I will be moving into somewhere new (which I have no idea where that is yet… dang, I gotta get on top of that!) ... It is going to be so different. Brian is moving in with his sister in a few weeks. It will be weird not living with him anymore...

Things are changing, but I guess that is life right!

Until next time….

No comments: