Monday, May 30, 2005

dallas and the daily grind...

I have been a busy person since I got back in the Dallas area. the first week back I went to see Nick play in the Dallas area, and got to hang out with the guys. After that I went with them to Temple to see Nick play. A band named Gooding (goodingband.com) opened up for him. It was a great night. I got to see Erin and Steph. That was a lot of fun. The rest of the week I just kinda hung around the house and took care of some errands and whatnot.

Last week I started work @ Venture in Dallas. The first day back was crazy busy. I had a lot to learn and I didn't get much sleep the night before. I thought I was going to fall asleep right there. The rest of the week went a lot better. Mid-week I met Keith and Ashley in Dallas @ the Gypsy Tea Room to see Citizen Cope play. Elisha and Hollie made it out too. It was a lot of fun. Cope played an awesome set. It was hella-crazy. He did a 6 song encore that rocked the house.

The rest of the week work was kinda blah. I enjoy working there because the money is so good... but it's rough working so many hours. Thursday night me and shelly went and met crystal and brandon at a bar in Mesquite. It was a lot of fun. I hadn't gotten to catch up with them in a while. We closed the bar down and I got 2 hours of sleep before work on friday. Ouch... it wasn't too bad though. I toughed it out. Friday night Shelly and I... along with her brother and his friend, and kayla went to hang out @ kacy's new apt over by Mockingbird Station. There were a few people over there and we played a couple drinking games. After that we went to see a band play in Deep Ellum... but they cancelled. So we ended back @ Mockingbird Station having a couple drinks at Margarita Ranch.

Saturday I didn't do much. Took care of some stuff around the house and hung out with Kris. Sunday I went with Jessica to a Memorial Day party her family does every year. I hung out over there for most of the day and then went over to Jennifer's to have some margaritas and other drinks. Stephanie and her friend were over there. Kris came over and we all hung out and had a good time. Then Kris and I came back to the house and watch some TV.

Today I went my cousin's graduation party. It was good to see the family. When I got back to Mesquite, Nicole called and said that she was in town... so I went to Sport's City and had a couple of beers with her and Tim.

Whew, This has been an all around exciting couple of weeks. I have been hella busy since i have been home. I think Grant and I found a place to live next fall. I have to go back to work tomorrow :( back to the daily grind.

until next time.

No comments: