Monday, March 05, 2007

The Graduate...3 Days & Counting

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So, I finally graduated college. Yep, 3 days ago. I just updated my profile to say "alumni" instead of full-time college student... and I am not okay with that.

If you aren't a college student... that means you are an adult. I think that is the part I am not okay with. I've been out of college for a few days now and I am having withdrawls already.
My last days in Lubbock were pretty spectacular. Dub came to town and I partied it up with some old friends. My brother and Robin came in the night before graduation. I showed them around town (and by that I mean we hit up about 4 bars). Graduation was pretty overwhelming too. I didn't think much of it until I walked into the arena and there are tons of people cheering and stuff. I guess that is what it feels like to be a rockstar... only there are a ton of other "rockstars" and we are all dressed in black robes and square caps (..and by the way, who invented the cap that you wear to graduation... it's pretty pointless). Packing up my apartment was kinda sad.

I moved back to the Dallas area today. I am gonna help take care of my pop (who just had surgery), and then I guess I'll start the job hunt. Hopefully I will find myself in graduate school somewhere soon. I've decided that college suits me all too well. I deserve to continue. I have way too many friends who have earned their degree and have started their careers... and HATE it. I don't want to be that person.

I guess I should also say that if you know of any good jobs available, please let me know. I am hoping for something to fall right into my lap. I'm being serious.
Okay, it's 4:15am. I've really gotta start a decent sleeping pattern.... maybe tomorrow.

g'night kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.