Monday, March 05, 2007

The Working Man!

Saturday, February 17, 2007
So it's been like a month and a half since I've updated… I've been kind of busy. I'm a working man now. I was hired on as a project estimator for a company called Venture in Dallas. I interned for them previously and am now working there full-time. It's been a crazy couple of weeks because I've been doing so much training. So far, I love my job. I can see myself being happy in this field. If you want to hear more about my work… feel free to ask me. I will spare the rest of you the boring read. I haven't been doing much besides working and sleeping... and the occasional going out.

Recently I got to hang out with a friend I met while I was in Paris. Dave is from Ireland. He was visiting some friends in Texas, so we went out for a few drinks. I took Heather along and we had a blast. It's been two years since I've seen Dave last.

This past weekend Heather and I went to Lubbock to visit some friends. Levi came down from St. Louis (his sisters came up too) and Jeff drove up from Midland. Sabrina came up from Houston. Heather and I stayed with Kelly and I got to hang out with my old roommates as well. It was great to see everyone. I actually do miss the LBK!

I recently read a book called Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, by J.D. Salinger. Oddly enough, it had nothing to do with carpenters. It was a very good read. It's about a guy named Buddy who takes leave from the Army during World War I to attend his brother's wedding (that never really takes place). His encounters are very descriptive and enjoyable.

Currently, I am finishing up Travels with Charley, by John Steinbeck. It's interesting. It's about Steinbeck's 10,000 mile journey across America with his dog, Charley. In the book he describes the desire to see the land. He says, "I've lost the flavor and taste and sound of it. I'm going to learn about my own country." I'll let you know what I think when I'm done.

I am not sure what is next on the list. I want to re-read Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Patterson. It was one of my favorites as a kid. Disney is coming out with the movie version – I hope they don't screw it up.

Music I've been listening to:

A guy a work gave me a Carlos Santana CD. I've also been listening to Colbie Caillat http://www.myspace.com/colbiecaillat. She's the #1 unsigned artist on MySpace right now. (listen to Realize). She does a lot of collaboration with a guy named Jason Reeves http://www.myspace.com/jasonreeves. He's pretty good too. Listen to Photographs and Memories. Other than that, I've been listening to some Mat Kearney, The Postal Service, and Green River Ordinance. If you have anything new you've been listening to… I'd love to hear it.

Is everyone else tired of turning on the radio and TV and hearing about Anna Nicole Smith?!? Do an effin DNA test and figure it out. End of story. I'm tired of her story trumping real news…. like Britney shaving her head (I am seriously just kidding), but I did see a picture and she does look like an alien.

Okay, I am going to go do something productive with my Saturday… The Karate Kid is on ABC Family today! Heck yes!


No comments: