Monday, March 05, 2007

The Unthinkable Thoughts of...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's nearly 5am and I am sitting in bed. I can't sleep. I just got finished reading The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green by Joshua Braff. He is the brother of actor/writer/director Zach Braff. I heard of the book through Zach and decided to pick it up a while back. I just now got the chance to sit down and read it. It was a very good read. I finished it in about four sittings. I suggest you pick it up.

I have this thing, where the book that I am currently reading becomes my favorite. I spend my time researching the author, as well as previous works and eventually move on to another book. The last book I read was Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis. It was pretty weird. I am not sure what is next on my list. I want to read The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera, but Heather has made it very clear that if I want my book back I will have to pry it out of her cold, dead fingers. I guess I better search for a new copy. I buy a lot of books. Heather comes over and borrows them and I am lucky if I get them back. I think she's read more of my collection than I have... or damn near it.

I go in and out. Sometimes I read every night and other times I won't touch a book for weeks. I would like to get on a regular reading schedule. That is my new goal... I'll just add it to my current "List-o'-Goals" --okay, I am kidding. I don't actually have a list, but it'd be pretty cool if I did.

Speaking of Zach Braff, I saw his new movie the other night and I wasn't too impressed. I enjoyed it, but I guess I expected more. I understood going into it that it wasn't going to be another Garden State (he neither wrote nor directed this movie), but the soundtrack is kickass. definitely go pick that up. The Last Kiss Soundtrack. Braff and I share a lot of the same likes when it comes to music.

I am pretty stoked. I found The Graduate on DVD the other day for under 10 bucks. I've been looking for it for a while. I also bought The Office: Season One and Two. I watched the first season. It's pretty funny. I am looking forward to the second season. Steve Carell is a funny man.
I am interested in what you are reading/listening to/watching. Do share!

I've been pretty unproductive lately, other than helping my folks out. Since Dad had surgery everything's been kinda crazy around here. My mom needs all the help she can get. I like being able to help, and I guess it gives me the opportunity to catch up on a few things as well.
Okay, it's 5:15am. I have to go to sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow.... err today. I have a busy day today....err, kinda.

No comments: