Thursday, October 28, 2004

...and then there were 3

One of my roommates, Paul, left for the States yesterday. He only needed the first 6 credits of Spanish... so he is back in Texas! It is kind of weird. After class (the day before Paul left) we went all around the city because he needed to get some things to take back. We stopped and had a couple of beers here and there and then continued on. That night we went out to eat with some friends to celebrate Paul’s last night in town. Then we went to a couple of bars that we normally go to. At the end of the night (or early morning) we went back and I helped him get all of his stuff together and went downstairs and put him in a cab. Our Senora (Isabel) was really sad to see him go. The house is going to be different without Paul. Hell, Sevilla will be different. He is one crazy kid.

It is definitely more of a reality now that I only have about 7 weeks left here. Time is flying by, and as much as I miss all of my family and friends... it is going to be weird once I am back in the States. I have adapted (or at least I think I have anyway...) to the Spanish culture and lifestyle. I enjoy living in the city. Sometimes I think about what it is going to be like when I get back. Obviously I have grown a lot during my time here (and I am merely half way through) I wonder how different the people that I surround myself will be. 4 months (in college days) can really feel like an eternity. I am definitely going to sit back and watch things unfold.

Currently I am worried about my Spanish two class. I thought the other one was going to be bad. Hmmm well this one is going to be worse! Tomorrow I am going to Tarrifa with a group of friends. Tarifa is known as the Hawaii of Spain. It is going to be awesome. On Saturday we are going to take a fairy across the Strait of Gibralter into Morocco, AFRICA! Oh yea, that is right... add another country onto the count! :)

I hope all is going well with you all. There is a new album of Paul’s last night here in Sevilla. Check em out! http://photobucket.com/albums/v461/brandon5/

No comments: