Tuesday, October 12, 2004

LONDON!

Good Day Chaps!

I just got back into Sevilla from LONDON, ENGLAND! It was one of the best 5 day trips I have ever had! It was such a good time. I spent loads of money but it was really worth it!

We arrived in London around 4pm on Friday (I don’t even want to talk about traveling! What a day!) We caught a cab from Liverpool Station to Astor Hyde Park Hostal and checked in. The hostal was good. We were all in separate bunk rooms. The room that I was in slept 8 people. After that we kind of familiarized ourselves with the area that we were in and went to some shops and stuff. We ended up at this Chinese food place for dinner which was a little different, but good.

Saturday: got up early and had breakfast at the hostal. We took the Tube (the Underground Subway) to St. James Park. It was really nice. We also saw St. James Palace. Chris, Aaron and I wanted through the park to get to Buckingham Palace. After we left there we walked down to Westminster Abbey area. Westminster Abby is a living church as well as an architectural masterpiece. It has a very gothic style. We also saw Big Ben and The House of Parliament. I really enjoyed this area. There were some protest signs up over there also. We visited Trafalgar Square and The National Gallery (which was amazing). I got to see collections from Rembrandt, Claude, Canaletto, Monet, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Van Gogh, Pierp della Francesca, as well as many other artists. It was great. If my 8th grade art teacher could only see me now, ha! It was weird cause I knew or studied a lot of this art during school (when I was younger) and now I had the chance to see it up close. Next we went to the British Museum and saw an awesome exhibit on Mummies. The British Museum was huge! We went down to Piccadilly Circus, The SoHo District, China Town, and Oxford Circus. I wish you all could have seen it!

That night back at the hostal we made a few friends and all went to Hard Rock Café to eat dinner. It was really good. This one girl named Jess just graduated from college (she is from Massachusetts) and she has just been traveling all over Europe for the past couple of months. It was really cool to hear about all of the interesting places she had been and the people she had met!

Sunday: We went back to Buckingham to see the Changing of The Gaurds. It was quite interesting to see how they do this (and they do it just about everyday!) Jess came with us... it was nice to have an addition to the group. We went to Abbey Road and stood on the very spot the Beatles did for the famous CD Cover. This really made my day! One of the coolest experiences ever! Then we went to The Tower of London and The Tower Bridge. There is so much history in this city!

After that we got tickets to see The Complete Works of Shakespear (Abridged). It was at Criterion Theatre, in Piccadilly Circus. It was so funny. I had such a good time seeing the play. That night Me, Jess, Chris, Hi (a girl from Japan that we met), Aaron and Neil (a guy from France that we met)... It was good!

Monday: Jess and I hung out all day. We went to The Dickens House. It is where Charles Dickens used to live. The Sherlock Holmes Museum, Notting Hill Gate, Portobelo Market, and then to The Gate Cinema to see a movie... The Motorcycle Diaries (a book I am currently reading about ‘Che’ Guevara’s mid-20's trip all over South America.

Tuesday was pretty much full of traveling and we made it back here to Sevilla safely and exhausted! Ahh I have so much more to say about all of this but not enough time to do so. I have a test tomorrow in Spanish which is going to whoop my butt.
CHECK OUT THE NEW LONDON ALBUM!

Hasta Luego!

No comments: