Thursday, March 17, 2005

Spring Break (first half)

So, last Thursday started bad. My two tests kicked my butt… I think the paper went pretty well. That night, Nick played at Bleacher’s … about 40-45 people (that either I or other friends invited) came to the show. The place was packed… but I know around 45 were there specifically to see him, which is awesome. That is a good crowd to draw out when you have only played in Lubbock once. And plus, it is Lubbock… typically if you are not singing Texas Country… no one wants to hear it.

On Friday Keith, Nick, and I went to Gardski’s to eat… we sat in the bar, and Nicole was working. That was cool. Andrew flew into the LBK around 4:30. Keith and Nick hit the road around 7:00pm to head to the Dallas area to get ready for the next show.

Friday night we all hung out for Grant’s 21st BIRTHDAY! We ended up going to the Daiquiri Lounge. We drank there until they closed, and headed back to the apartment. Mostly everyone came back and we continued to drink until Grant finally passed out. After everyone left, I cleaned up the house and did some laundry @ 4am.

Saturday morning Grant, Andrew, and I went back to Gardski’s to eat Lunch, and then Andrew and I drove to Dallas. We actually ended up stopping in Ft. Worth, because we were going to see Nick and the guys play @ Andy’s in Denton that night. About 12 of my friends came to the show. We all had a great time! After the show was over, we went to Mesquite.

Sunday I hung around the house all day, and got a chance to hang out with the folks. We had dinner that night, and Shelly and I went out. We met up with Vanessa and Katie on lower Greenville at the Hurricane Bar. We stayed there for a while, and ended up at Sports City Bar.

Monday I did not really do a whole lot. I hung around the house all day, and that night made it a blockbuster night, which is the best thing ever! Tuesday I had to get ready for the Tyler Hilton interview. I contacted my editor to let her know that I had everything set up, and got a hold of Bob, (Tyler's manager) to confirm. I got my interview ready and all of that, and went and got a haircut. Hailey went to the show, @ Gypsy Tea Room, with me to help take pictures. We got there and watched Brian Greenbaum play a short set, and then Tyler went on. After him was the Wreckers. Hailey and I went to Ty’s tour bus to do the interview. It was crazy. I had a good time. I will let you know when the interview is up, just incase you want to read it. I just pray that the pictures turn out good.

Today, I drove back to Lubbock. Tomorrow (Thursday) we are going to Angelfire to go Skiing. I will post about that one when I get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Ahem* Also on Tuesday, you met your wonderful friend Sara. You were SO excited to finally meet her. You love her. She rocks your world like no other.

Brandon said...

oh yea... i forgot about. my wonderful friend Sara rocks my socks.