Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Texas Tour and Easter Weekend

Okay, let’s see…

Wednesday night I decided to go ahead and take off work for the rest of the week (and Monday), so I could go home early and stay a little late. Thursday after class, Phil and I drove towards D-town. We went a different way, because we were going to see Nick play in Denton. I had planned on going on the road with the guys for a few dates in Texas. On the drive home I totally missed one of the turn offs and ended up about 20 miles outta the way. I realized this (not a moment too soon) and turned around and hauled ass back in the right direction. I definitely got pulled over… 84 in a 65. The cop was so old I thought his limbs were going to fall off right in front of me. I thought to myself how his old body would do if a chase broke out. I wanted to just dead leg him and hop into the car.

We got to Denton a little late, but it was at the beginning of Nick set. It was a good one. After we all went to Trevor’s house (he is the guy that does the booking for the place they played at) and hung out. Then we grabbed a bite to eat and headed to Mesquite.

Friday we got up and headed to Austin for the MoMo’s show on 6th street. Kris came along. We piled into the van and had a blast. We got into Austin early, so we went to Madam Mam’s (awesome Thai food) to eat, and then walked around downtown for a little while until it was time to head to the venue. The night was great, even though we were a little skeptical because they had the guys playing with some hardcore rock bands. These are the kind of bands that scream things such as “are you ready to rock-the-fuck out” and “eat it bitches” into the mic. Haha. It actually turned out to be a really good show though. Erin and Stephanie came up from Temple… It is always good to see them.

That night we got a hotel just south of downtown. The next day we went back into the city to hang out and grab some lunch at Chipotle. Then we headed to Temple. We had some Starbucks with Erin.

After all of that, we headed back to Mesquite. The guys just stayed at my place. Sunday They went with me to my families Easter festivities. It was good to see the family again. I have not seen them in a while. We stayed over there for most of the day. That night we hung out and watched movies.

Monday we went to Mockingbird Station to grab something to eat @ Margarita Ranch with Shelly. I am glad that we got to hook up while we were both home. She was on her way back to school. After that, we just hung around and watched movies. Jessica and Ashley came over that night to hang out. I am glad the end of the weekend played out like it did. I enjoyed just kicking back and watching a few good movies.

Tuesday I drove back to Tech. When I got here I decided that I would quit my job. I hated that job and I feel so much better now that I quit! They told me that I was a great worker and that I will be missed. How funny is that!

My no drinking thing is still going strong. I have had a couple of beers (which was allotted), but I have yet to break any of my preset rules. I am proud.

Well, that is about it. I am seriously thinking about taking this internship in NYC in the fall. There is a lot weighing on my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK THE FUCK OUT!!!!!