Monday, September 13, 2004

Paradise. School. & Dr. Pepper!

Ahhh starting my third week here in Seville and everything is starting to set in. It no longer feels like a vacation. When I walk the streets they feel a lot more familiar to me and it just feels weird. Ahhh just think... only 15 more weeks to go! I will enjoy it while I can ... cause I know that it will fly by... and I will be back in the States.

This week I have a quiz and a test and Monday ... we have our first essay due... our first oral is due sometime soon also... I am hoping a lightening bolt of knowledge hits me before then ... because I am just not getting the hang of this whole Spanish thing. I was talking to this girl that works at the internet cafe ... she speaks pretty good English... and I could tell that she is not Spanish... so I asked her where she is from. She told me that she was from France. I was like "woah... you know English, French, and Spanish" ...and she was like "...and German." So then I just felt dumb...haha! Geez, we Americans are just lazy :) It is very normal for students around the world to be fluent in more than one language by the time they are in secondary school.

...you want another interesting fact? Apparently 95% of Spain's population are Catholic... but only around 15-20% are practicing... That isn't very much!

So what are the new movies out right now? I know it hasn't been long since I have been gone... but there has got to be some good ones out now. Has anyone seen the new Colin Farrel movie... Alexander? I bet that one is gonna be pretty good.

I was in the internet cafe and one of the owners Peter starting asking me a lot of questions about American products... because they are selling them in the cafe starting tomorrow. I was helping him out with a lot of stuff... so he gave me a free Dr. Pepper! ahhh it was so great. Peter told us that in 2 weeks they are installing a screen in the cafe and they are going to broadcast ESPN! ahhhh it's going to be awesome....

I decided today that I want to go to Italy at the end of October... right before my birthday. So I guess we will see how that pans out. *keepin my fingers crossed*

[ I snapped a couple pictures of the TTU Center @ Universidad Pablo Olavide the other day when i was in there... that is like our "hang out room" ...and there are computers in there... there are also a lot of travel guides and stuff in there! I will take more of the "Universidad" soon and post them also! http://photobucket.com/albums/v461/brandon5/ ]

Well I will take this to an end. Talk to y'all soon!

-::BRANDON::-

No comments: