Wednesday, September 15, 2004

School, The Spanish, & More Trips!

!Hola Mi Amigos!

::::deep breath and exhale:::: I made an "A" on my on my quiz from the other day! I was really surprised I did that well... I thought I did bad .. but I guess going with your instinct is really the best thing to do. This definitely boosted my spirits and my outlook on this class. I guess all I needed was a good grade to boost my confidence. We have a test tomorrow and an essay Monday... So I guess we will see how those go! After dinner we are all gonna hit the books pretty hard. I really need a good grade on this test. Gotta make mom and dad proud :)

Last night was a lot of fun... I was down at the Internet Cafe and one of the owners (Peter--his name is actually something like Zolou... but they pronounce Z's and C's with the TH sound...no one can say his name ...so Peter it is!! haha) he and I were talking about some stuff, and he introduced me to his cousin (who is here --from MASS. studying abroad like I am) ... then they asked if Chris and I wanted to go grab a drink. So we piled into Peter's car and went to Plaza Alf-Alfa. Apparently that area is supposed to have a lot of Americans... I didn't see too many people from Estados Unidos (United States) ... but we still had a good time. We got to practice our Spanish with them, and Peter was working on his English with us. They are cool people. I am glad that we hung out with some Spaniards... I would like to hang out with just Spanish people a lot more... It really helps me to learn the language better.

Also, the TTU Center is going to be setting each of us up with an Intercombio. Basically it is a Spanish person who is studying English and wants to work with us on it, and at the same time we get to practice out Spanish with them. We are supposed to meet them outside of school (at a bar or cafe or something) and work together to help each other out. I told the lady that is putting it all together to hook me up with a hot Spanish girl to study with :) we'll see how that goes.

This "viernes" -Friday we are going to Cordoba to visit some of the most famous buildings in Europe... We will be back that night and "sabado" -Saturday we are supposed to take a tour of the Cathedral and a few other places here in Sevilla. On "domingo" -Sunday, I am setting up a day trip back to Chipiona ... While it is still warm. Ahhh Sunday is definitely the day to relax on the beach! I am looking forward do it. I will definitely take some pictures! :) ...stay tuned!

!Hasta Luego!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brandon, Your brother and sister-in-law are very proud of you! Sounds like your callenges are being conquered and your desires are being met! Your ambitions are strong and your will is even stronger. YOU WILL BE SOMEBODY! Enjoy your time in Spain enough for us because it is not on our future agenda. Keep the beautiful pictures coming!We Love You!