Thursday, September 02, 2004

woah.. I'm in SPAIN!

hey everyone, how is it going? Hopefully all is well! Well I am here. I made it. The traveling was LONG, but it wasn't too bad. I guess you gotta experience a little of the bad to get a whole lot of good outta the deal.

We stayed in a hotel for orientation for the first two nights. It was pretty cool. The hotel was like a 4 star. The first day here we walked all over downtown... For about 3 hours.. (which is hell on the feet) ...

I have met so many new people. There are around 35 people here from Tech. Everyone is pretty nice. We moved into our casa's the other day. Isabel is our house mom. She is really nice and can cook REALLY good. She cooks a lot though, and I cannot eat everything.

It is hard communicating right now, but it will get better. We started classes today. Ugh... I am going to be so overwhelmed. It seems so hard. Seriously the teacher spoke in English for maybe 10 minutes at the start of class.. And the rest of the 3 hours were in Spanish. I am having a tough time keeping up... But our teacher said that is normal. Supposedly by the end of next week I will be able to carry a decent convo.

Well that is all for now. I will post more as soon as possible. Talk to you all soon!

No comments: